- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Business Administration, Economics or a related field and 10+ years of experience in risk management required, or equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience required.
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA) and/or job-related certifications are preferred, but not required.
- Must have strong underlying knowledge of regulatory frameworks within federally insured depository institutions.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training managers as needed; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and the ability to partner with business owners as a risk and compliance subject matter expert for their business cases and / or other project related matters to Senior Management.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations and write reports, business correspondence, business cases, and policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills including, but not limited to, team building, motivating, coaching, leading, and influencing others; a high level of trust and diplomacy; fostering internal and external business relationships; ability to work with high level, cross-functional teams is required.
University and State Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.