- One year certificate from college or technical school with emphasis in computer applications; or minimum one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience supporting Windows10 and MS Office products is required.
- Certified Microsoft Technician or A+ certification preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to use Word for Windows, Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office applications, as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly; requires general knowledge of network and database use.
- To perform this job, the employee must possess strong interpersonal skills, good phone and e-mail etiquette, a professional presentation, and a high degree of personal initiative. Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work department operational hours to include weekends, and to work occasional nights. Due to occasional traveling to the branches, the employee must have a valid driver’s license and be able to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Must be able to travel as needed to local and Northern California Branches. Overnight travel may be required.
University and State Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.