- Two year college degree; and three or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree in business or related field is preferred.
- Supervisory experience, experience in a financial institution/credit union, knowledge of branch operational activities, and understanding of loan practices is required. Previous managerial or supervisory experience in a financial institution is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including writing reports and presentations; group facilitation skills; ability to develop professional relationships; as well as networking internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to develop staff, provide ongoing coaching and grow individuals. Ability to develop processes and to organize information.
- Ability to partner effectively across all levels of the organization and develop positive working relationships. Must be able to adapt well to change and be passionate about finding new ways to solve evolving business needs.
- Ability to use loan origination systems, contact management software, and other Microsoft Office application products, as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly. Requires general knowledge of computer network and database use.
- To perform this job, the employee must possess strong interpersonal skills, good phone and e-mail etiquette, a professional presentation, and a high degree of personal initiative.
- Must be able to work branch operational hours to include weekends, and to work occasional nights or weekends at the branch and/or at community functions. Must be able to fly to attend meetings as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to work nights and weekends. Overnight travel may be required.
- All Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) must be actively registered with the National Mortgage Licensing Service (NMLS). Must renew and pass annually to maintain active status.
University and State Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.